Become Aware That You Are A Role Model
For this weeks Grant and Gillette, I chose to write about number four, become aware that you are a role model. This one has been a little more challenging than some of the others, because we already have so much work for elementary ed that it is sometimes hard to step away and read or write just for fun. However over fall break, I was able to pull myself away from school work and pick up a novel. I ended up reading "Running With Scissors" by Augusten Burroughs. It is a pretty long book at 315 pages, but once I start a book I can't stop until it is finished. I read "Running With Scissors" in two days. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in psychology or just wants a page turner. The book is about a boy with a very disturbing childhood, but it is written in a funny yet sad tone. I can never read a book for a school, because I would not do my school work until I finished my novel. I think it is important to take time to get lost in a book every once and a while. With all of our homework, it is hard to want to read for enjoyment but it is important to be a reader as a role model to your students.
It is also important to be a writer. Over the semester I have worked really hard in the
Number is four is one of the hardest ones for me, because it is so hard to find time to read or write for myself these days. I have to remember to pick up the newspaper while eating breakfast or write a short reflection every once and a while. I also plan on finding another page turner for Thanksgiving Break, and I want to read "Essential 55" after seeing "The Ron Clark Story." I'll write another blog later to let everyone know how it was!
1 Comments:
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the Ron Clark book.
I feel the same way about reading and writing, and like you I have been getting to do some things in this area that aren't part of the course. It is tough.
Post a Comment
<< Home