Reflection

Monday, October 02, 2006

Recharge Your Battery!

This week I have chosen to write about recharging my battery. It is important to have some activities you enjoy to escape to when you are getting stressed out. It is very easy to get burnt out when you are working hard at a job or at school. When I really need a break, I like to get active. Most of what we do all day is sit and focus and sit and focus and sit and focus. This can get very tiring. Going outside for a run can take me out of the schedule of my day and give me a 1/2 hour to just stop thinking. I am involved with many IM sports and find that they give me a much needed break from homework. Having a 40 minute soccer game on Tuesday nights lets me run around and get some energy out before I have to go back to sitting at my desk. I find that being active actually gives me more energy than not working out. I need those endorphins! Running is also such a nice change of pace from the day. I can imagine that after a full day of working hard in the classroom, I will be wanting to get outside and do something. Even elementary schools understand the importance of running around. Children come back from recesss more focused and energized for the afternoon. I wish I still had recess it would really help me recharge my battery!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

I guess you'll have to create your own recess! It's great that you observe it's value with children. In one school district in Georgia, recess has been elimiated to give more time for test prep. I think students might make more efficient and effective use of test prep time if they had recess.

Getting into your body and out of yoru head seems to be just the right recipe for you.

Have fun!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home