Reflection

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Identify Allies

It is very easy to feel stressed out and overwhelmed by all the new situations we have encountered this semester. Being in the School of Education, taking completely new classes, and observing in the classroom are things that now take much of our time and effort during the week. It is important to have people who can support and help you through these new things. I really like the idea of taking our classes in a cohort. I feel like I am going through some of the same things as my peers, so I know they can relate to me. If I am cramming for a big paper, I know that they are working under the same stress as me. Together as a cohort we have been able to share our experiences, stresses, and concerns with each other. In this way we can really help each other out!

I also am really enjoying working with a partner in practicum. We happen to have the exact same schedule of classes, so we can help each other with everything from remembering the homework to discussing things that happen in practicum! While driving to and from practicum we can discuss things that we are stressed about or ask each other questions we thought of while working with our practicum class. In the classroom we help each other notice things about our focus children and discuss and compare the different things we observed while there. I really feel like I have a lot of support from my partner, which helps ease the stress of the hard work we have this semester! It is great to know that I can call her late at night with questions about an assignment! I'm so glad I have her as a partner!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

Glad you have found an ally in your partner. Now you want to begin increasing you ally pool by finding a couple of other educators (or preservice teachers) who can be your ally.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home